Those looking for a dairy-free milk substitute have probably stumbled across almond milk and wondered, “Is almond milk good for you?” Whether you’re a vegan, sensitive to milk or just don’t like the taste, almond milk is a fabulous alternative.
1. It helps with weight management.
One serve of our delicious 400mL nut mylks (Chocolate Love, Unicorn Milk, Vanilla Bliss and Coffee Milk) contain around 100 calories, as opposed to 248 calories in the same quantity of whole milk, 206 calories in Hi-Lo, and 146 calories in skim. It makes for a great substitute that will help you lose or maintain your current weight.
2. It keeps your heart healthy.
There’s no cholesterol or saturated fat in almond milk. It’s also low in sodium and high in healthy fats (such as omega fatty acids, typically found in fish), which helps to prevent high blood pressure and heart disease.
3. It keeps your bones strong.
While it doesn’t offer as much calcium as cow’s milk, almond milk does offer 30 percent of the recommended daily amount, as well as 25 percent of the recommended amount of vitamin D, reducing your risk for arthritis and osteoporosis and improving your immune function. Plus, these two nutrients work together to provide healthy bones and teeth formation.
4. It keeps your skin glowing.
Almond milk contains 50 percent of the recommended daily amount of vitamin E, which contains antioxidant properties essential to your skin’s health, such as protecting it against sun damage.
5. It barely impacts your blood sugar.
Almond milk (with no additives) is low in carbs, which means it won’t significantly increase your blood sugar levels, reducing your risk for diabetes. Because of its low glycemic index, your body will use the carbs as energy so the sugars aren’t stored as fat (score!).
6. It contributes to muscle strength and healing.
Our almond mylks contains between 4-5 grams of protein per serving, and contains plenty of B vitamins such as iron and riboflavin, both important for muscle growth and healing.
7. It keeps your digestion in check.
Our almond mylks contain 1-2g of fibre per serving, which is important for healthy digestion.
8. It doesn’t contain lactose.
Lactose intolerance impacts about 25% of the US population, which means they have difficulty digesting the sugar in cow’s milk. This makes almond milk a suitable, lactose-free substitute.
9. It tastes better than cow’s milk (especially with our four amazing flavours!)
Almond milk doesn’t taste like cow’s milk, perfect for those who are turned off by the taste. It has its own unique flavor many describe as being light and crisp.
- Vanilla Bliss – Sprouted Almonds, Date, Honey, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Himalayan Salt, Mesquite
- Chocolate Love – Sprouted Almonds, Cacao, Date, Honey, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Himalayan Salt, Mesquite
- Unicorn Mylk – Sprouted Almonds, Date, Honey, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Ginger, Vanilla, Himalayan Salt, Beetroot, Sweet Potato, Carrot
- Coffee Mylk – Sprouted Almonds, Cold Drip Espresso, Date, Honey, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Himalayan Salt, Cacao, Mesquite
This article is reproduced from LifeHack.org, slightly amended to reflect Australian values > view source